Stay Connected and Make a Difference
Whether you are a UCR grad in need of career assistance, a professional recruiting for your organization or an alumnus interested in mentoring current students – we welcome your continued participation with UCR!
- New UCR graduates automatically receive a 1 year extension of Career Center services (except on-campus interviews). The number of career counseling appointments will be determined by the counselor.
- All alumni are welcome to attend our workshops and job fairs (No fees)!
- UCR Alumni Association members receive a 20% discount on all services!
Take Advantage of Our Alumni Services
UCR Alumni Association members receive a 20% discount on all services!
UCR Handshake ACCESS - No Charge
- Online access to UCR Handshake (job search database, CareerShift, Focus 2, Imagine PhD)
- No expiration date
Click HERE to fill out your request access to UCR Handshake.
RESUME CRITIQUE FEE: - $25
- Get an effective 30-minute resume critique session, by phone or in-person
- You must email your resume at least one business day before your appointment
- Call (951) 827-3631 to set up an appointment with a counselor after you have purchased your resume critique session
Click HERE to fill out your request to purchase a Resume Critique.
UCR HIGHLANDER PACKAGE - $125
- Online access to UCR Handshake (job search database, CareerShift, Focus 2, Imagine PhD) with no expiration date
- Career counseling appointments
- Counselor-selected career assessment exams ($20 per assessment)
- On-campus interview services are not included
- Expires one year from date of purchase
Click HERE to fill out your request to purchase Highlander Package.
Share Your Wisdom
As an alumnus/a, you offer current students a unique perspective about where a UCR diploma can take them.
- Share your industry experiences through informational interviews
- Post jobs and internships in UCR Handshake for current students and fellow UCR alumni
- Participate in information sessions sponsored by your company
- Speak to classes or at events such as Job Discovery Series
- Encourage your employer to recruit UCR students via our On-Campus Interview Programs
- Register your company for one of our Career Fairs.
Post a Job or Internship
Posting job and internship listings at UCR is free. Job and internship listings are available any time to students online via our password-protected UCR Handshake portal. Opportunities posted are exclusively for UCR students and UC alumni.
To use UCR's job posting service, please register for UCR Handshake if you haven't already done so. The process is quick and easy. You will receive an email providing login information soon after you register.
Contact us at email@example.com or (951) 827-3631.
Equal Opportunity Employment Affirmation
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement: The University of California, Riverside, Career Center does not make its interviewing facilities and online job listing services available to employers who unlawfully discriminate in the selection of employees on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable Federal and State laws. We reserve the right to refuse service to employers due to any violation of University of California rules and regulations.
Join the UCR Alumni Association
Joining the UCR Alumni Association is a great way to keep in touch with your classmates, find fellow UCR alumni in your job field or who live near you, and stay up to date on the campus as a whole.
For $45 per year, you’ll receive:
- 20% discount on our alumni services
- Discounts on entertainment, UCR athletic events and at the UCR Campus Store
- Access to all 10 UC Libraries
- Subscription to the Alumni Magazine
Learn more and join now!
UC Riverside Alumni Stories
Taylor Pollard ’16 (Art)
Just one year after graduating from UCR, Taylor launched the "Flexin' In My Complexion" fashion brand in response to her sister, Kheris Rogers, being bullied for her dark skin. After going viral on social media and with endorsements from celebrities like Alicia Keys and Lupita Nyong’o, the clothing line grew into an empowerment movement and earned $100,000 in its first year. Today, Taylor and her sister continue to grow their family-run fashion business while sharing their inspirational story through speaking engagements around the country.
Allen Van Tran ’15 (Chemical Engineering)
Just months after graduating from UCR’s Marlan and Rosemary Bourns College of Engineering, Allen Van Tran was hired by the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) as an Engagement Systems Engineer/Analyst. Allen uses his engineering skills and experience to further NAVSEA’s objective to engineer, build and support the US Navy’s fleet of ships and combat systems. Allen is also a first-generation college graduate and the youngest alumni in BCOE’s history to establish an endowment.
Kabir Singh ’08 (Business Administration)
Since graduating from UCR, Kabir Singh has combined his skills as a voice actor, poet, philosopher and entrepreneur to create KabirsVoice, a fully equipped professional voiceover studio in Los Angeles, CA with clients including Nike, Pandora, Microsoft, T-Mobile, Nintendo and LG. Kabir also acts as a speaker, teacher and mentor to help youth, vulnerable communities and business groups build strength and integrity by finding their voice.
Dr. Margaret Sawires ’06 (Psychology)
After earning her bachelor of arts degree in psychology at UCR, Margaret went on to become a licensed clinical psychologist and is now the owner of Urban Psych, a private practice serving diverse populations in San Diego, CA. She prides herself in working hard to gain a deeper, more comprehensive understanding of the problems her patients face, and works collaboratively with them to achieve the various goals they have for themselves.