Your Professional Career Starts Here
The Career Center is a safe and welcoming place to explore career paths and identify the steps needed to achieve your dream career. Meet with our skilled career counselors, use our unique job search tools and maximize your future with our career services.
We are located in the Career Center Plaza. Our entrance is the University Lecture Hall and the Skye Hall, behind the UCR Campus Store.
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA 92521-0211
Phone: (951) 827-3631 (our phone line is not monitored during current campus closure)
Fax: (951) 827-2447
Campus is closed, please utilize email to reach us and we will get back to you as soon as possible during business hours:
Student Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer Questions: email@example.com
Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Weds: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed during breaks and holidays
Download a PDF of the 2018-19 Annual Report.
Use Our Services
- Individual career counseling
- Major choice assistance
- Vocational testing
- Career exploration seminars
- No appointment necessary
- 10 essential minutes with a career counselor
- Stop by during Drop-In Hours: Mon - Thurs, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. and Fri 10 a.m. - noon
- Virtual drop-in sign-up is available via Handshake. Please check out this video to see steps.
Job Search Assistance
- Use UCR Handshake, the online jobs database for UCR students.
- Attend workshops on everything from resume writing to interview skills.
- Find resume templates
- Attend on-campus interviews, October through May.
- Attend our annual job and career fairs.
- See work-study job listings.
- Practice interviewing with our counselors.
- Graduate/Professional School Assistance
Career Resource Room
- Career literature
- Resume and cover letter guides
- Computer lab
- Internship directories
- Occupational field information
- Salary surveys
- Employment outlook resources
- InterviewStream practice kiosk