Interview with Employers at the Career Center!
The On-Campus Interview Program (OCI) invites employers to campus to interview graduating students for full-time career positions. Employer participants include business, industry, non-profit organizations and government agencies. Positions are generally entry-level in nature and encompass a broad range of functional areas, including, but not limited to: finance, marketing, management, sales, operations, social service, technology, engineering and laboratories.
Undergraduate and graduate students from all academic departments graduating this academic year in December, March or June are eligible. Each employer determines specific qualifications and application process. Occasionally, some internship opportunities exist for students not yet ready to graduate.
Types of Interview Schedules
Open schedules are first-come, first-served. Eligible students who meet the employer's requirements submit an online resume and sign up for a specific time slot.
Pre-select schedules allow all students that meets the employer's requirements to submit an on-line resume. The employer will review the submitted resumes and "preselect" those students who will be invited for an interview.
Other schedules allow employers to fill their own schedules from career fairs or information sessions, and occasionally an employer may conduct employers utilzing Skypes or other conferencing options.
How to Apply
- Login to UCR Handshake
- Upload your Resume, Cover Letter, Transcripts, or other documents. To upload these items, click on "Documents" under your name and proceed.
- View available positions. From the UCR Handshake Homepage, select "Jobs" in the top navigation bar. Then click on the "On-Campus Interviews" tab.
- Click on any position of interest to learn more. Follow instructions carefully. Each employer determines eligibility, requirements and application process.
After You Have Applied
Have you been preselected to interview? You may check by logging into UCR Handshake, then clicking the "Interviews" button from the navigation bar. Note: An interview is not guaranteed if you, the student, fail to accept the invitation and meet the sign-up deadline. Canceling an interview within the deadline: Log in and click on the "interviews" tab and cancel your interview.
No-show policy: If a student fails to show up or call for a scheduled interview the student's eligibility to participate in the OCI Program will be revoked.
Before the Interview
- Attend one of our many workshops on interviewing, and interviewing etiquette.
- Research the company and know the position in which you are seeking employment. Make note of your transferable skills.
The Day of the Interview
- Dress professionally in business attire (suit or skirt)
- Evaluate your personal hygiene and grooming. No heavy perfume or cologne
- Arrive 10 to 15 minutes BEFORE your scheduled interview
- Send a Thank You note after the interview
Need More Help?
OCI Program Contact Information
On-Campus Recruitment Coordinator , 951.827.3834