Attend the Third Year Career Plan Workshop and stay connected throughout the year with a career counselor.
Continue to participate in the Job Discovery Series and Social Networking Week each quarter.
Update your resume.
- Highlight related experience. No more high school information!
Research and apply for internships.
- Use all of your resources (i.e., UCR Handshake, career counselors, friends, family, professional associations, etc.) to target relevant internships.
- To receive academic credit for your internship, make sure to register for the 198-I course in your major.
- Sign up for our On-Campus Interviewing program at the Career Center.
Discuss career options.
- Make an appointment with a career counselor to discuss/identify your options. For appointments, call (951) 827-3631.
Practice interview skills.
- Attend an Ace the Interview.
- Meet with a career counselor for a mock interview appointment.
- Get interviewing tips.
Practice introducing and marketing yourself to employers.
- Network with industry professionals by attending the Career Expo: Diversity Job Fair.
Review graduate/professional school application requirements to determine deadlines. (Graduate School Track)
- Attend the Graduate & Professional School Information Day and the Law School Information Day. For more information, click here.
Participate in the On-Campus Interview (OCI) Program.
- Employers interview UCR students at the Career Center for internship and full-time positions.
- Attend an OCI workshop for application instructions.
- Learn more about OCI.
Contact references to ask for letters of recommendation for graduate or professional school. (Graduate School Track)
Prepare for the GRE or LSAT exam. (Graduate School Track)
- Check with the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for GRE and LSAT prep courses and resources.
Apply for internships and/or research opportunities.
- Didn’t find anything on Handshake? Try contacting companies directly. Check out CareerShift and Career Insider via UCR Handshake.
Attend Career Night: The Spring Job Fair & the Last Chance Job Fair.
- Practice introducing and marketing yourself to employers. Attend Networking Your Way to a Job and How to Work A Career Fair Room (check the Career Center Events Calendar for upcoming offerings).
- Learn more about Spring Job Fair & the Last Chance Job Fair. Be sure to research the companies attending ahead of time.
Take the GRE or LSAT Exam (Graduate School Track).
Gain experience (internships, research, part-time work, volunteering, etc.).
- Be curious about the job opportunities in your environment. What are the different positions available? What are the qualifications for those jobs?
Review and set goals.
- Reflect on what you’ve experienced so far and identify next steps.
Draft your personal essay. (Graduate School Track)
- Draft your personal statement for graduate/professional school and have it critiqued by a faculty member or trusted person for content and grammatical errors.
Take the GRE or LSAT. (Graduate School Track)