Attend the Senior Career Plan Workshop and Senior Success Series each quarter.
Develop a targeted resume.
- Tailor your resume to the company or industry you want to work for. Attend a Resume Writing Workshop and meet with a career counselor.
Participate in the On Campus Interview (OCI) Program.
- By interviewing with employers through OCI you are drastically reducing the competition for jobs. Learn more.
Practice interview skills.
- Make an appointment to practice mock interview with a career counselor.
If you plan to go to graduate school right after graduation, make sure you have taken the appropriate test (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, etc.) and start applying for admission.
NETWORK! (start junior year)
- Keep your contacts updated on your job search. Ask for advice and guidance regarding openings … NOT A JOB!
- Learn more about networking.
Apply/interview for positions.
- Remember to follow up with employers to make sure they received your resume and/or application.
Participate in On-Campus Interviews (OCI).
- Many employers interview students at the Career Center for full-time positions. Learn more.
Attend Career Night and the Last Chance Job Fair.
- This is your time to shine! Practice your intro to employers, take plenty of copies of your resume and definitely research the participating employers BEFORE the event. Learn more.
Tell us your plans!
- Complete your placement information in UCR Handshake so that we can tell administrators, the employer community and future UCR students about your accomplishments! Go to "profile," then "placements."
Begin your exciting career!
- We will continue to support you even after you graduate! Take advantage of our alumni services.