Social Media Week
Want to chat live with recruiters online? Check out the line-up for Social Networking Week! Join live chat sessions to learn about career and internship opportunities, get job search tips, practice those social networking skills that will help you land a job, and more!
Social Media In Your Job Search
Date/Time:Tuesday, April 30 th from 3:00-4:00pm
Location: HUB 268
Did you know 92% of companies use or plan to use social media to recruit? Are you using social networking sites successfully to connect with recruiters and search for jobs? You need to learn how to connect with companies, research job opportunities, establish your professional brand, and network using LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and more. The business of hiring has changed and you need to prepare now! Featuring: How to Build a Professional Student LinkedIn Profile
Date/Time:Wednesday, May 1st from 10:00-11:00am
Location: HUB 269
Learn how to use LinkedIn in doing research, connecting with valuable contacts and finding jobs! Build a profile that will stand out and put you one up against the crowd.
Date/Time:Wednesday, May 1 from 1:00pm-2:00pm
Location: HUB 269
LinkedIn directions to join live chat:
1. You must create a free profile on LinkedIn.com AND request to join the UCR Career Center group. Spend time creating a strong profile! Visit http://bit.ly/IQm6uOfor tips and come by the Career Center drop-in advising for help.
2. At the time of the chat, go to the UCR Career Center group and click on the correct discussion topic. *You must refresh your page regularly to see recent chat posts.
3. Join in the conversation by asking questions throughout the chat session!
Twitter directions to join live chat:
1. At time of chat, go to: TweetChat atwww.tweetchat.com Signup with Twitter if you don't have an account. Tweetchat's login securely authenticates
you with Twitter. Once authenticated, you will be returned directly to TweetChat.
2. Type the hashtag you want to follow. Hashtags identify specific topics and those hashtags allow TweetChat to connect you with people talking about similar things. Choosing a hashtag directs you to a TweetChat room. The hashtag for our session is #ucrADPchat
3. Converse in real-time. Each tweet automatically gets the hashtag added when you complete a tweet and the room auto-updates.
Do you need a Twitter account to participate? NO! Although you won’t be able to engage in the discussion, you can still follow along by visiting http://tweetchat.com/room/ucrADPchatNeed help joining a chat session or tips on social networking? Come to drop-in advising at the Career Center before Social Networking Week or during the chat sessions!