All About Interviews
A great resume can get you in the door but your interview determines if you get hired. To impress future employers, you should find out everything you can about the organization and the position you’re applying for. Plan to highlight your strengths and explain why you’re the best candidate for the job. Start preparing for your next interview now by using the following resources.
On Campus-Interviews FAQs
How do I participate in the OCI program?
- First you need to create a profile on SCOTLink
- Upload your resume into the system.
- Attend an interview skills workshop for additional information about how to utilize the program.
How do I upload a resume?
- To upload your resume, select the documents tab once you're in SCOTLink and select the "add new" button.
- In the box that says "Label" give your resume a name (ex: My Resume).
- In the section that says "File" select the browse button. Locate your resume then double click it. and it will upload. (Your resume must be a word document or pdf to upload)
- Your resume document will show in the File box, click submit when finished.
Your resume may take a few minutes to upload and convert, so you may not see it in
your documents list right away.
Can I have several different resumes in the system?
- Yes you can, for example you could personalize your resume to each company and position.
- It is recommended that you have each resume critiqued before uploading them in the system.
How do I search for OCI positions?
- To search for OCI positions you would select "Jobs" from your homepage, then click SCOTjobs.
- On the left hand side of the screen in the search field select "all interviews" and click submit.
- To view the details of the position click on the position title.
- You may also select "Interviews I Qualify For" from the Quick Links on your homepage.
What is the difference between an open and pre-select schedule?
- An open schedule means that if you meet the jobs qualifications than you can select an interview time, it is on a first come first serve basis.
- A Pre-select schedule means that all eligible students are able to submit a resume if they meet the qualifications. The employer pre-screens the resumes and invites only selected students for an interview.
- Note: the pre-select schedule is the most popular schedule with the employers.
How do I submit my resume for an interview?
- When viewing the job you will see on your right hand side of the screen "application status" if you meet the qualifications of that company you will be able to click the submit button to submit your resume for a pre-select schedule.
You will be able to select an interview time for an open schedule.
Can I submit my resume for multiple interviews?
- Yes, It is highly encouraged that you try to interview with as many companies as you can, to increase your chances of getting hired.
How will I know that I have been selected for an interview?
- You will receive an email notifying you that you have been invited for an interview.
- You can also go into the system and from your homepage under alerts you will see that you have been selected for an interview.
How do I schedule an interview after I’ve been selected?
- From your homepage under "quick links" select "Pending Campus Interviews".
- You will see that you have the option to schedule or decline the interview.
- All times available will show, select and submit.
How do I cancel an interview that is scheduled?
- There are two ways to cancel an interview.
- You can call the OCI Coordinator (951-827-3834) at least 48 hours before your interview to cancel.
- Or if it is after hours you can go into the system and cancel by going to Interviews from your homepage and select the scheduled interviews tab and clicking the cancel button. (Note: If you do not show for an interview and you have not contacted us, your privilege to participate in OCI will be revoked.)
How should I dress for the interviews?
- Your attire for interview should be professional.
- Men should dress in a dark suit, with a tie and dress shoes (no white socks).
- Women should dress in a dark pants or skirt suit with nylons and dress shoes.
When are interview skills workshops scheduled?
Interview skills workshops, like other career development workshops, are scheduled throughout the year. View workshop dates and times by going to your SCOTLink hompage, clicking on “Events” in the top navigation bar, and selecting the "workshops" tab.
Can I have multiple resumes in the system?
Yes, you can. However, it is recommended that each resume be critiqued at the career center before they are uploaded to the system.
How do I find On-Campus Interview positions?
- To search positions, select “Jobs” on your SCOTLink homepage, then click SCOTjobs.
- On the left hand side of the screen in the search field, select “all interviews” and click Submit.
- Click on the position title for details about the position.
- You can also select “Campus Interviews I Qualify For” from your homepage’s shortcuts.
Can I submit my resume for multiple interviews?
Yes. You are encouraged to interview with as many companies as possible to increase your chances of getting hired.