[WIN-turn-ships] - pl. noun
SEE LAST YEAR'S WINNERS:
1ST PLACE: RAYMOND LEUNG
2ND PLACE: TAMMY SCHWINEGRUBER
3RD PLACE: DEJA DARRINGTON
FAN FAVORITE: AUSTIN CLAIBORNE
A chance for UCR students to win prizes by submitting an entry describing an awesome internship experience!
a) UCR students in all class levels and majors are encouraged to share their internship experience with the campus community starting Feb. 6th to Apr. 7th.
b) View other entries and vote for your favorites by liking the UCR WINternships! page at www.facebook.com/UCRiversideWINternships
The 2017 winning entries will receive…
- 1st Place: Beats by Dr. Dre Wireless Over-the-Ear Headphones
- 2nd Place: Google Home
- 3rd Place: Fitbit Charge 2
- Fan Favorite: Samsung Virtual Reality Goggles
Contest Entry Guidelines
Address the prompt “How did your internship impact your career goals?” with ONE of the following:
- A digital photo and essay (300 word maximum)
- 1-2 minute video with voiceover
Keep in mind...
- Creativity counts
- Photos and videos should illustrate your internship experience
- Inappropriate submissions will not be accepted
- Make sure you mention the name of the company/organization where you interned
- We reserve the right to make minor additions to each submission
- Registered UCR student graduating June 2017 or later
- Held an internship for at least 10 weeks between March 2016 and March 2017
- To qualify, the internship must be documented with the Career Center with either:
1. 198-I Form (if for academic credit
2. Learning Agreement (if not for academic credit)
Step1: Complete the Learning Agreement (no credit) and submit it to the Career Center. (If you already have a 198-I form on file with the Career Center, you do not need to complete a Learning Agreement.)
Step 2: Email your contest entry to UCRwinternships@gmail.com between Monday, February 6th to Friday, April 7, 2017.
From: Your UCR email address
Subject: WINternships: The title of your entry (think this through – it will be considered during the voting process)
Body: Copy and paste these items and type your responses into the body of your email:
Student ID #:
Dates of Internship:
Attachments: Photo and written entry OR 1-2 minute video
Be sure to address the prompt while still including information that makes it personal and fun, such as…
- Did you get to work with amazing people? Maybe with someone inspirational, powerful, famous, or maybe you just had awesome co-workers!
- Did you get any special opportunities, incentives, or prizes as part of your internship? These might include free tickets, behind the scenes sneak peeks, field trips, networking events, etc.
- Did you intern in a cool place? Perhaps with a high-profile employer or in an exciting city or foreign country?
- What kinds of interesting projects or assignments did you work on? Did your efforts make an impact you’re proud of?
Students can vote online! Join our Facebook group at http://on.fb.me/ucrwinternship . Vote for your favorites by "liking" them.
Facebook votes will account for 25% of the final score.
The other 75% will be determined by a committee of employers, faculty, and staff. They will score student entries in the following 5 areas: Clearly Communicated (Verbally Or In Writing), Analysis / Reflection, Addresses Prompt, and Creativity.