Show off Your Internship
Show off Your Internship!
There are so many reasons why it's smart for you to intern during your time at UCR, including getting class credit, building your resume, developing your professional network and test-driving a potential career. Thanks to the Career Center and its partners, you can get all those career benefits and have the opportunity to win awesome prizes this spring!
To Show off Your Internship:
- File a 198-I academic credit form or Learning Agreement with the Career Center.
- Write an essay and take some pictures, or create a 1–2-minute video about your internship.
- Submit your essay and pictures or video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Like @UCRiversideInternshipContest on Facebook to view entries and vote for your favorites!
To be determined.
Contest Entry Guidelines
Answer the question, “How did your internship impact your career goals?” with ONE of the following:
- Essay (300-word maximum) and photos
- 1–2-minute video with voiceover
Keep in mind …
- Creativity counts
- Photos and videos should illustrate your internship experience
- Inappropriate submissions will not be accepted
- Make sure to mention the name of the company/organization where you interned
- The Career Center reserves the right to make minor edits or additions to each submission
Show off Your Internship is open to registered UCR students graduating June 2018 or later who:
- Held an internship for at least 10 weeks between March 2017 and March 2018
- Have either a 198-I academic credit form or Learning Agreement on file with the Career Center
1: Complete a 198-I academic credit form or Learning Agreement and submit it to the Career Center.
2: Email your contest entry to email@example.com between Monday, Feb. 5 and Friday, April 6, 2018.
From: Your UCR email address
Subject: Show Off Your Internship: The title of your entry (think this through — it will be considered during the voting process)
Body: Copy and paste these items and type your responses into the body of your email:
Student ID Number:
Dates of Internship:
Attachments: Photo and written entry OR 1–2-minute video
Be sure to address the prompt while including information that makes your submission personal and fun, such as …
- Did you get to work with amazing people? Maybe with someone inspirational, powerful, famous, or maybe you just had awesome co-workers!
- Did you get any special opportunities, incentives or prizes as part of your internship? These might include free tickets, behind-the-scenes sneak peeks, field trips, networking events, etc.
- Did you intern in a cool place? Perhaps with a high-profile employer or in an exciting city or foreign country?
- What kinds of interesting projects or assignments did you work on? Did your efforts make an impact you’re proud of?
Students can vote online! Join our Facebook group and vote for your favorites by liking them. Facebook votes will account for 25 percent of the final score. The remaining 75 percent will be determined by a committee of employers, faculty and staff who will score student entries in the following areas: Clearly Communicated (verbally or in writing), Analysis/Reflection, Addresses Prompt and Creativity.
Thank You To Our 2018 Sponsors